Photobucket

Cook(er)'s Block


Monday, April 16, 2007



I have a confession to make.

Of late, I've been going through a lull in the cooking and baking department. A recipe for disaster if you're trying to maintain a food blog like I am.

The thing is, I feel bored. I know there are a gazillion recipes out there for me to try but I just can't get off my lazy tush to do them.

And then I saw these last Friday:


Food magazines! In English! Woo hoo!!! I took a copy of Good Food and Olive each, walked up to the cashier and gingerly placed them on the counter as if making some sort of offering on a sacrificial altar.

Once paid for in blood, I couldn't get back fast enough.

As my husband was home that afternoon to keep an eye on our little terror we call son, I took the liberty of 'me-time' in bed with my new magazines. Flipping through page after page of gastronomical delights, trying to imagine what the different recipes would taste like, I felt myself filled with inspiration. I wanted to jump out of bed and cook. Now. Then there were the delectable photographs - at one point, I very almost chewed off the pages, they looked that good.


Over the last few months, I've been thinking of taking out subscriptions for a few food magazines but never got round to it. However, I've taken this as a sign and when things are more settled, this is exactly what I'll do.

I am back in cooking form and hopefully, this translates into more appetizing entries here.

Keep your saucepan heated and stay tuned.

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 9:33 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment