Photobucket

Glutinous Rice


Tuesday, August 14, 2007



Yet another childhood favourite.

As kids, my mother used to take my sister and I to the wet market for groceries and we would inevitably end up at the food stalls for a spot of breakfast. And more often than not, I would have a plate of glutinous rice and a glass of soya bean milk. If I was feeling especially greedy hungry, I would ask for a bowl of soya bean curd as well and promise Mum like mad that I would finish it. Ah, those were the days when I could eat more than my body weight and the calories just slip through the toes. Nowadays, everything stops in its tracks around the tummy and hips.

Anyway, as I was saying, what had been a childhood favorite has since morphed into grownup comfort food. There's something very soothing about warm, savoury sticky rice. I like mine with chopped spring onions, fried shallots and loads of pickled green chillis. And don't forget the soya bean milk too. *burp*

Like a thick down duvet on a winter's morning...

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 4:44 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment