Photobucket

Guilty Pleasure #57847


Wednesday, September 26, 2007


I have a bad habit.

Not the I-want-every-single-Ferragamo-shoe-I-see habit. The other one.

Where I graze the whole day.

Instead of eating a proper lunch, I'm picking and chewing from early afternoon to dinner time. Not unlike a cow. One wonders if I'm trying to emulate the bovine creature since I was born in the year of the Ox and am cow mad. Although some people (the ones who truly know me) might prefer the term mad cow instead. But, that's a story for another day.

Anyway, being well aware of my grazing habit, I try to keep my snacks as healthy as possible which is what happens in the ideal world. In the ideal world, I also own every single Ferragamo shoe I see. But it's not and I don't. As I was saying, I try (try being the operative here) to make healthy choices and go through different food phases with my snacking. One time it was celery sticks with thousand island dressing for two weeks. Another was a long and fattening love affair with brioché with full cream butter or Heinz sandwich spread which lasted almost a month. Yet another was Kettle Chips. You know the one with sea salt and crushed black peppercorns? And the sour cream and chive? Yup. Shame on me!

So this time, it's Japanese soya bean rice crackers. Available from the local fromagerie or Albert Heijn, these savoury morsels have key components for a great snack - too much salt and an exellent crunch factor. Strangely enough, it was Mother-in-law who introduced us and I can't thank her from my crumb filled mouth enough for it.

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 4:45 am

8 calories
Comments:
Hey Duchess,

You know what? I totally love your blog. I mean the campbell soup and all, that's real creativity. It's very very cute.
 
LOL... thanks! Campbell Soup is another of my many guilty pleasures. The chicken noodle flavour is my favourite.
 
What a coincidence, the Chicken Noodle Soup is my absolute favourite too!
 
lotus: Do you get Campbell's where you are? I can't find it here. :(
 
Hi Dutchess,

You mean you can find Campell's Soup? I can get over here. Have you really find for it?



Lannie
 
No, I can't, boo hoo boo...
 
Lannie: Yes I have. Where I am is a bit ulu so certain things are hard to come by unless I go into the bigger cities.

Lotus: Come, let's weep together....LOL.
 
If I'm not mistaken, you can get Campell's soup in Jumbo, C1000 and Albert Heijn. But have you notice the Campell's Chicken soup is not the same taste as those we can get in S'pore / M'sia.

Aiyoh... your place, I don't think it's so ulu as Friesland. Hehehe..... At least you still can get KFC, Burger King....Talking about KFC, I have that during my summer vacation in Limburg. I was in Maastricht for a day visit. Hubby and kids dine in MacD for dinner, and after that I tau pau KFC, eating all the way back to Gulpen in the car. I got cheated, pay for 3 pcs combo meal, only 2 pcs in the box!

Lannie
 
Post a Comment