Photobucket

Ravioli In Lobster Broth


Monday, September 24, 2007



I made this last Thursday, just before I fell really ill and still had my sense of smell and could taste.

This broth makes an excellent entreé. It warms up your tum, making it all fuzzy and warm, preping it up for the main course. Great for special intimate family dinners at home or to spoil yourself rotten if cooking for one, which was what transpired that evening. The other thing is, it looks impressive too. Like you slaved all afternoon over it and depending on your chosen method, it could hold true. You did work very hard, from preparing the lobster to boiling the stock and making up the soup. Me, on the other hand, bought the best stock I could lay my hands on and went from there. I love cooking but sometimes one has to work around it. Especially when one has to get her husband to drive her all the way to a certain supermarket in Belgium where they stock frozen raw lobsters, shell and all.


In this instance, I added cod fish, shrimps as well as langoustines (aka Norway lobster) in the broth. My only mistake was using the ready-made lobster and crabmeat ravioli I saw at the Albert Heijn. I thought I'd try it instead of making them myself. I now know better. It was so floury and if one imagined really, really, I mean, REALLY hard, you might even fool yourself into thinking hey, there's some semblence of crabmeat there. Forget about the lobster which is supposed to make up the other half of the ravioli. Nobody's imagination is that good.


After tasting the disappointing ravioli, I decided to concentrate on the rest of the soup instead. By the third comforting spoonful, I completely forgot all about it and began to seriously enjoy my broth. I don't know if it was the generous slosh of cognac I added to the stock during cooking or it was the super fresh langoustines doing it. Whatever it was, I went to soup heaven that evening.

Next stop: I want to try this recipe from Chubby Hubby. I love fusion cooking and dining and this is right up my alley.

Labels: , , ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 3:57 am

6 calories
Comments:
What?? This is Cookalot's standard of home cooking?? *faint*
 
Your lobster broth looks delicious and am sure will taste just as great as it looks.

As for the lemongrass lobster broth, I've made a similar one using scallops and prawns ages ago and I can confirm that it's good. Was inspired after a cooking class in Paris.
 
I WANT TO EAT
 
chicchicbaby: you are being too kind. I hope. LOLOL.

Lotus: Thanks! I was just miffed about the ravioli. It spoilt an otherwise good broth. I will take your word on the lemongrass. I must see if I can get Hubs to drive me to Belgium for frozen lobsters. If not, I'll have to reach for that bottle of ready made stock again.

Babe: HI! Thanks for dropping by! Next time I'll reserve a plate for you okay? :P
 
Wow!!!! I love anything & everything in such a broth. *chessy grin*

So can you share the recipe with me? Or is it the same recipe as the one from Chubby Hubby? BTW, I can add other ingredients besides these, right?
 
Agnes: I've done up an entry for the recipe - just for you. :P It's not the same as Chubby Hubby's and yes, you can add other seafood ingredients too.
 
Post a Comment