Photobucket

We're Off To See The Wizard


Thursday, October 18, 2007


We're off to see the Wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
You'll find he is a whiz of a Wiz! If ever a Wiz! there was.
If ever oh ever a Wiz! there was The Wizard of Oz is one because,
Because, because, because, because, because.
Because of the wonderful things he does.
We're off to see the Wizard. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz


( Follow The Yellow Brick Road from the movie The Wizard of Oz)


So we're off this Saturday to visit Beau Lotus who's a wiz in the kitchen, specifically, What To Do With Leftovers as shown so creatively this week. We won't be following the yellow brick road, more likely the autobahn and the Emerald City is of course, Italy.

This is the big birthday surprise I've been hatching for the Hubby. A trip to Modena aka Ferrari central. His birthday won't be till next month yet but I've had to work around Sonny-boy's autumn holidays which fall next week. On the itinery is a visit to the Ferrari museum. And, to up the ante just that little bit, I've thrown in an exclusive tour of the car factory too - one of those things not opened to the general public. This is where I must thank The Lotus herself. She got her husband to help arrange it. I have no idea what tactics you employed, my dear Lotus, but know that I am eternally grateful. We can't wait to see you and yours on Sunday, asian groceries, kueh lapis and all.

The Hubby is understandably super duper excited. Personifying the 'fan' in Ferrari fanatic, this trip is the Mother of all Birthday Presents for him. I'm so glad I can do something special for him. As mentioned previously, he made me see stars for my birthday earlier this year, it's only right I should send him over the moon for his.

From Modena, we will be driving on to Florence and spend the next four days there. Now it's my turn to get excited because I love museums, history and culture. I've shortlisted some places I we want to see. I'm also hoping with the Hubby all softened up from his birthday treat, he'll be brandishing his credit card with wild abandon when we hit the shopping streets. Ah, one can dream.....

See you later, alligator!

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 4:50 pm

3 calories
Comments:
Oh worry not, I'm sure he'll indulge you all the way after that wonderful surprise you sprung on him.
 
Sweet! I'd have to take a leaf from your book at the rate we both are planning surprises... I think I might be running out of ideas. :P
 
singairishgirl: Check out my wide smile -> :D I was indulged. :P

rachel: After a while it gets to the point you just want to pull your hair out in the surprise and gift department. Thank goodness I only have to deal with birthdays and anniversaries! Christmas is not that crucial.
 
Post a Comment