Photobucket

(Almost) Made In Italy


Monday, November 19, 2007


This was my holiday take-along craft project to Florence. I would've finished it on the way home too if not for the fact I lost my entire set of hooks. Somewhere in Florence, someone is enjoying a brand new set of Clover Soft Touch Hooks, complete with travel case et al. Yes, they were new. *sob* I thank my lucky stars for bringing an old pair of embroidery scissors because it got lost with the hooks as well.


When we arrived home, I couldn't get on the computer fast enough to order another set. They arrived a week later and voila, I finished my shawl in a day. Initially, I wore it like this, draped and pinned at the shoulder.





After two hours, I switched to this as it was getting in the way of housework. *heh*


I now need one in black.

*****

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 3:39 am

6 calories
Comments:
very very nice!!
 
So that was what you knitted in Tuscany...haha red (again) but it suits you great. I would be very upset if I were to lose my needles etc. Have you any idea where you left them,?
 
hey joyce! u're really good ata knitting!! I love the design and the colour of your shawl! Really beautiful! :)
 
Thanks Rach, thanks Grace!
 
S: Thanks! I'm getting very predictable when it comes to colours huh? LOL. Re: my hooks... The thing is, I packed it up in my suitcase the evening before we were supposed to leave Florence. I suspect Sonny-boy took them out and forgot all about it. You know how boys are. Argh! He's been bugging me to teach him crochetting but his manly dad thinks it's such a sissy-fart thing for a boy to do. I don't agree of course and I might teach Sonny-boy when school is out and he's still keen. LOL.
 
Don't listen to your Hub. Even my Hub used to knit when he was a teenager, I'm the only one who doesn't know how to and it's a real pity. In my dreams, I was super knit mom knitting jumpers and pullovers by the dozens, not having to buy machine-knit rubbish.
 
Post a Comment