Photobucket

Christmas Fruitcake - Part II


Friday, November 10, 2006


Just for the heck of it, I thought I'd put out some photos of my fruitcake making experience.

1. Cake batter made up and poured into a 10" square pan. It was rather time consuming because one had to be careful the 6 eggs didn't curdle in the butter and sugar mixture when mixing. Speaking of which, I found it very therapeutic watching the whisks of the mixer going round and round when incorporating the eggs. Sort of like cavemen watching an open fire.

2. Once it's baked (which took almost 4 hours!) and completely cooled, I brushed some rum over it. The recipe called for 5 tbsp. However, with the onion soup episode still fresh in my mind, I scaled it down to 3 tbsp. I'm not going for an encore performance.

3. Time to wrap it up with some baking paper.....

4. ......followed by aluminium foil. Rest now, my dear cake, see you at Christmas!

5. Just in case the hubby decides to do some spring-cleaning in the cellar! Heads will roll I assure you, if it gets accidentally dumped into the trash.

The cake felt dense and heavy. Out of curiosity, I weighed it clocked in at 2.7 kg. Whoa!

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 8:18 am

4 calories
Comments:
haha... love the tagging. DO NOT THROW!. thanks god, my hubby isn't that type that spring clean.
 
hahaha... me too, Joyce, yr tagging so cute lah... DO NOT THROW and so on... u're so careful. I ve to make my x'mas fruit cake too, hope i m not too late *lol*
 
Precious Moments & Cranberry: LOL... better to be safe than sorry! That cake took a loooong time to make!

I checked it yesterday, it smells and looks promising. *fingers crossed*
 
Waa Joyce.. u re making me lao-nuan now...
 
Post a Comment