Photobucket

Tastes Like Chicken


Monday, June 04, 2007



Once in a while, mostly when my husband is away so I don't freak him out, I'll cook something which I grew up eating or aquired a taste for. Like frog's legs, for instance. It almost rains frog's legs in Singapore or most parts of Asia for that matter but not here. Nope, I get mine frozen from across the Belgium border. (Gosh, it sounds awfully illegal doesn't it?) Each time I buy a kilo or so and store it in the freezer for when the mood strikes. Like two weeks ago.

This time I stir fried it in a dark sauce with ginger, onions and paprika. Just before serving, I threw in a large handful of spring onions for extra flavour and scoffed the whole lot down with white rice. Lekker!

As for the uninitiated who might want to know what frog's legs taste like...

...Why, like chicken, of course!

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 5:30 am

2 calories
Comments:
Very lekker-looking indeed!!!!

Which reminds me that I haven't had it in ages and I should go wok some up since with a French hubby frogs do not cause fear in the household :-).
 
Hahaha... gribitt, gribitt...
 
Post a Comment