Photobucket

Grilled Lamb Kebabs


Tuesday, June 12, 2007


For the last three weeks, I've been either i)trying out new recipes or ii) inventing new ones. Hence, the lack of food photos or what I've been up to in the kitchen. I normally like to keep a low profile when it's a work in progress. At least if it doesn't work out, I can quietly shove the whole mess into the dustbin and pretend it never happened. However, I'm glad to report none of that happened. If anything, I've been really lucky or the jury panel - the two men - have temporarily lost their sense of taste or just want to make me happy. You know what they say, if mum's happy, then everyone's happy. *ha*

But seriously, it's been a good three culinary weeks. I will re-do the dishes again in the coming weeks and this time, post a photo and perhaps, even a recipe or two.

For now, here's an experiment which worked really well. I was a bit of a mad scientist: a teaspoon here, a pinch there, mix it all up and hope it doesn't blow up in my face.

I cut some lamb meat into small chunks and made a rempah (spice paste)of shallots, garlic, galangal (blue ginger), red chilli and oil. I then added some ground fennel, cumin and tumeric in the paste followed by salt and sugar and rub it all into the meat. After letting it sit for a few hours, I skewered them with some cut red onions. For vegetables, I had skewers of miniature parprikas. If you ask me, they are just too cute to be eaten.

All skewered up and ready to go!

A quick session on the grill pan and you have a light summer's meal. You can serve it with almost anything. In this instance, I had toasted pita bread and tzaziki sauce on the side. Lekker!


The next time we have a barbecue, this is going on the grill. I think it'd be fantastic with a tall glass of icy cold freshly squeezed lime juice. A splash of vodka or gin optional.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 9:56 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment