Photobucket

A Tale Of Two Dinners


Thursday, June 14, 2007


Two of the meals on this week's dinner table:

Pork Steak with Stir Fried Vegetables and Rice.

I had a bit of a fusion thing going on here. I marinated the shoulder arm pork steak with ginger juice, Worcestershire and soya sauce and cooked it in the western fashion. For the vegetables and rice, I did it the asian way, stir frying and steaming.




*****

Grilled Nile Perch with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus.

In this instance, I lightly marinated the Nile Perch fillet (commonly found in Lake Victoria) with sea salt and ground pepper first before grilling it lightly. While that was cooking, I pan fried some blanched asparagus wrapped with bacon. Once the fish was done and transferred on a serving dish, I drizzled lemon flavoured olive oil on it, followed by some chopped parsley. Not shown here but served together with is a side of Duchess Potatoes. A very light but satisfying summer's meal.


Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 11:57 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment